Welcome, Dear Visitors!
Siddhartha Bhattacharya is Cabinet Minister of Education, Guwahati Development, Law & Justice Department, Government of Assam; National Spokesperson of Bharatiya Janata Party (N.E.Incharge); MLA of prestigious East-Guwahati LAC from Assam; Ex-State President of B.J.P. Assam Pradesh.
Personal Details :
Date of Birth : 10-06-1961
Father’s Name : Late Gauri Sankar Bhattacharya
Permanent Postal Address :
G-1, Seventh Heaven Complex,
P.O.- Ulubari, G.S. Road,
Guwahati, Assam, pin: 781007.
Contact Telephone No. 9435010789
Law Chamber No. (0361) 2457905
e-mail ID: email@example.com
Academic Background And Schooling:
Siddhartha Bhattacharya had his initial schooling at Ulubari Prasanna Vidyapeeth and Cotton Collegiate H.S. School, both Vernacular Assamese Medium Government Schools at Guwahati and thereafter he was awarded an all India Merit Scholarship by the Govt. of India to study at Ramkrishna Mission Vidyapeeth at Purulia in West Bengal wherefrom he Passed his Matriculation.
He had his college education at Cotton College, Guwahati and graduated with Honours in Economics in 1983 .
For his Post graduation studies , eventhough he joined the History Department in Jawaharlal Nehru University at New Delhi, but due to family obligations, he could not complete the course there and subsequently he took his Post- Graduate degree in Economics from Gauhati University in the year 1985.
He also perused and obtained law degree from Gauhati University in the year 1989 .
Academic distinctions And Scholarships received :
A) Received National Merit Scholarship of Govt. of India for Studying in residential schools upto Secondary Lavel. (1971 to 1977).
B) Received National Merit Scholarship of Govt. of India upto Post Graduation level (1977 to 1983).
Resume of activities as a B.J.P. member :
He joined B.J.P. as a Primary Member in the year 1995.
He became an Active member for the first time in the year 1998.
As a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party,he has rendered services to the party from the Booth Committee Level.
He is still an active Booth Committee member of Ward No. 26 under the East Guwahati Constituency.
He has served in a number of positions in the BJP Organisations. For example-
He has served as Executive Member of Ward No. 26 of East Guwahati Mandal.
He has also served as Executive Member of East Guwahati Mandal Committee.
Hewas a District Executive member of the Guwahati City District Committee.
He has served as State Executive Member for 3 (three) terms.
He was elected as the State Council member of Guwahati City District in 1999-2001.
He has served as State Office Secretary of BJP in 2001-2003.
He has worked full time for a month in Nagaland, during the Assemble Election held in Nagaland in the year 2003, when for the first time BJP became partner in a coalition Government in a Christian State of N.E. India.
He was the Convenor of the State Media Cell of BJP Assam Pradesh in the year 2003-2006.
He has served in State Legal Cell/ Disciplinary Committee/ Manifesto Committee etc. on several occasions under different State Presidents. He was the national co-convenor of National Legal Cell, BJP . He was Party President of Assam Pradesh unit from 2014 to 2016. Later he was appointed as the first ever National Spokesperson of B.J.P. from North-East States . He won 53 Gauhati East constituency in Assam Legislative Assembly election, 2016 by defeating the Candidate of Indian National Congress by a record margin of 96,637 votes.
He joined the Legal Profession as an Advocate in the year 1992.
He has 24 years of Legal experience as an Advocate.
He was practicing in the Gauhati High Court and the outlying Benches in all seven NE states. He has also experience of conducting cases in the Supreme Court of India.
His father had established a Law Firm and their Law Firm is one of the oldest Law Firm in North East India .Apart from their usual legal practice their Law Firm has been rendering free lagal services to the needy and downtrodden for the last 60 (sixty) years.
He had served as Addl. Central Government Standing Counsel in the Gauhati High Court in the period of 2001-2004.
He had been engaged by the BSNL as Standing Counsel for the period of 2001-2005.
He was serving as Special Public Prosecutor in the Special Court (Narcotics) for Ministry of Finance , Govt. of India, CBN, NE Zone. (2001-2012).
He was also serving as Standing Counsel for Inland Waterways of India in the Gauhati High Court. (2001- 2012).
Siddhartha Bhattacharya is considered as an authority of Military and Para-Military law and has the distinction of conducting many Court-Martials as a Counsel. He was included in the Senior Counsels Panel in the Regional Bench of Armed Forces Tribunal , Guwahati.
He has the distinction of having a number of Articles on Lagal and Constitutional issues published in a number Legal and other such publications.
A number of cases conducted by me have been reported in lagal publications like SCC, AIR, ALR, GLT, GLR, etc.
Resume of activities in Legal Bodies :
He was elected Executive Member of All Assam Lawyer’s Association, the apex body of Lawyers in Assam.
He was elected as Secretary of the Gauhati High Court Bar Association in 2008.
He was an active member of the Adhibakta Parishad Assam Pradesh.
He was elected as Vice-President of the Gauhati High Court Bar Association.
Resume of activities in Sports and allied fields :
He is a trained Mountaineer and he has participated widely in different fields of Sports both as a Sportsman and an Organizer.
Brief details of his past and present activities in the field of Sports are enumerated below:-
1. Participated as Trainee in Rock Climbing Course conducted by the Assam Mountaineering Association, in the year 1980,
2. Participated in Winter Trekking Expedition conductud by Assam Mountaineering Association, Assam in the year 198i in Sikkim Himalayas.
3. Participated an completed the Basic Mountaineering course conducted by the then Western Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (WHMI) at Manali, in the year 1982.
4. Participated and completed the Advanced Mountaineering Course conducted by Western Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Manali, in the year 1983.
5. As an Instructor, he has imparted training to young boys and girls in basic craft of rock climbing and other allied activities conducted by Assam Mountaineering Association.
6. He has very extensive experience in trekking in the North Eastern Region and in the Eastern Himalayas.
Mountain Peaks in Himalaya climbed by him :
1. Climbed the Dzongri Peak in Sikkim Himalayas.
2. Climbed the Ladakhi Peak (height 21,000 ft) in Himachal Pradesh.
3. Climbed the White Needle Peak (height 23000 ft) in Zaskar Range of Himalayas in Ladakh region in Jammu and Kasmir.
Organisational activities in sports bodies :
1. Associated with Assam Mountaineering Association as an Executive Member since 1982.
2. Was the President of Gauhati University Adventurous Sports Forum in the years 1983-85.
3. Was associated with All Assam Judo Association at the time of its inception.
4. Served as the Vice- President of Assam Mountaineering Association.
5. He served as the Working President of Assam Mountaineering Association.
Resume of activities in Socio-Cultural field :
He is actively associated with a good number of Socio-Cultural cause, activities and bodies working in various fields. Notable amongst them are mentioned below-
1. During his student days he was an avid debator and he has been adjudged as Best Debator on a number of occasions in college and University days.
2. He was one of the first ever batch of Assamese News Readers for Guwahati Doordarshan Kendra, Guwahati, when it started its telecasting in the year 1986.
3. He is also a member of number of cultural and literary organization . He is a Life member of Assam Sahitya Sabha, the apex literary body of Assam.